BELGIUM: Frozen food firms Ardo, Dujardin agree to merge
Belgium-based frozen food manufacturers Ardo and Dujardin Foods have struck a deal to merge.
The companies, set up by two brothers 40 years ago, announced on Friday (28 March) plan to combine, subject to competition approval.
The Haspelagh brothers formed the companies and, following the merger, the family will own 100% of the combined business. The deal will see private-equity firm NPM Capital sell its minority stake in Dujardin Foods.
Ardo operates 15 production, packing and distribution sites in eight European countries. In 2013, Ardo's net consolidated turnover was EUR607m (US$836m).
Dujardin Foods is a manufacturer of fresh frozen vegetables, aromatic herbs, ingredients and ready-to-eat meals. The company, has five production sites located in Belgium, France and the UK, has a turnover of EUR213m.
Ardo and Dujardin Foods said the two companies will "continue to operate independently".
Dujardin Foods CEO Rik Jacobs, who will still stay in charge of that business ahead of the combination of the two companies, said: "The new Ardo will be an even greater company with a unique European footprint of large scale, specialised plants, sound agricultural expertise, professional management and an entrepreneurial attitude."
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global pasta & noodles market during March 2014. ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Frozen Fruits and Vegetables in Thousand Tons by the following Product Segments: Frozen Fruits, and Frozen Vegetables....
Plimsoll’s Frozen Food Manufacturers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Frozen Food Manufacturers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and us...
Plimsoll Publishing’s FRUIT & VEGETABLE PROCESSORS (France) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the FRUIT & VEGETABLE PROCESSORS (France) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis o...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom