SPAIN: Frozen food producer to slash 52 jobs in Marcilla
Frozen foods manufacturer Alimentos Congelados has revealed that it will cut 52 of the 245 jobs in its plant in Marcilla, Navarre region, north-eastern Spain, as it concentrates on its operations elsewhere in the country. Speaking yesterday [Thursday] the company said that during a meeting with representatives of the trade unions CCOO and UGT earlier in the week, 50.6% of the staff agreed with the job cuts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units