FRANCE: Fruidor acquires fruit and veg firm Gorgues
Fruidor has acquired Gorgues
French ripening firm Fruidor has announced the acquisition of fruit and veg producer Gorgues for an undisclosed sum.
Gorgues specialises in the production of the early potato and has an annual turnover of EU8m (US$11m).
The acquisition will strengthen the fruit and vegetable section of Fruidor, Fruidor Terroirs and allow it to increase its presence further in France and supply customers with higher quality fruit and vegetables.
The move sees the group's volume grow to 100,000 tonnes of fruit and vegetables annually.
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform
- PepsiCo forecasts dip in sales growth in 2016
- Russia draws up plans for tax on palm oil