FRANCE: Fruidor acquires fruit and veg firm Gorgues
Fruidor has acquired Gorgues
French ripening firm Fruidor has announced the acquisition of fruit and veg producer Gorgues for an undisclosed sum.
Gorgues specialises in the production of the early potato and has an annual turnover of EU8m (US$11m).
The acquisition will strengthen the fruit and vegetable section of Fruidor, Fruidor Terroirs and allow it to increase its presence further in France and supply customers with higher quality fruit and vegetables.
The move sees the group's volume grow to 100,000 tonnes of fruit and vegetables annually.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report