FRANCE: Fruidor acquires fruit and veg firm Gorgues
Fruidor has acquired Gorgues
French ripening firm Fruidor has announced the acquisition of fruit and veg producer Gorgues for an undisclosed sum.
Gorgues specialises in the production of the early potato and has an annual turnover of EU8m (US$11m).
The acquisition will strengthen the fruit and vegetable section of Fruidor, Fruidor Terroirs and allow it to increase its presence further in France and supply customers with higher quality fruit and vegetables.
The move sees the group's volume grow to 100,000 tonnes of fruit and vegetables annually.
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus