FRANCE: Fruidor acquires fruit and veg firm Gorgues
Fruidor has acquired Gorgues
French ripening firm Fruidor has announced the acquisition of fruit and veg producer Gorgues for an undisclosed sum.
Gorgues specialises in the production of the early potato and has an annual turnover of EU8m (US$11m).
The acquisition will strengthen the fruit and vegetable section of Fruidor, Fruidor Terroirs and allow it to increase its presence further in France and supply customers with higher quality fruit and vegetables.
The move sees the group's volume grow to 100,000 tonnes of fruit and vegetables annually.
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Why new laws on food labels can benefit business
- Bitesize interview: Cricketer Farm MD Greg Parsons
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- Australia consumer watchdog probes raw milk sales
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods