ISRAEL: Fruit and flower exporters to get extra aid
Israel's Finance Minister Avraham Shochat has approved an immediate assistance of £7.75m for farmers that have suffered a significant decline in returns due to the strengthening of the Israeli shekel and the weakening of the euro. It is estimated that the decline in revenues to Israeli exporters of fresh and processed food, citrus and flowers, amounts to £80m for the previous and current seasons. Mr Shochat called to establish an interministerial committee for preparing a long-term strategy to assist exporters of agricultural products. He noted that the areas most severely affected were the Arava, the Jordan Valley and the Negev, "where millions of shekels had been invested to establish modern and intensive agricultural infrastructure." Almost all the residents in these regions are engaged in agricultural production, mainly for export.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review