USA/JAPAN: Fruit supplier Dole puts distance between it and Snow Brand
Californian behemoth Dole Food Co., the world's largest fruit supplier, has made public its intention to sever all capital and business ties with Japan's scandal-ridden dairy giant Snow Brand Milk Products Co (SBMP). Dole and SBMP jointly established the Snow Dole Co in 1989 with the brief of developing new products, researching the market and managing trademark rights on new products, such as Dole's ice cream and cheese.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill