USA/JAPAN: Fruit supplier Dole puts distance between it and Snow Brand
Californian behemoth Dole Food Co., the world's largest fruit supplier, has made public its intention to sever all capital and business ties with Japan's scandal-ridden dairy giant Snow Brand Milk Products Co (SBMP). Dole and SBMP jointly established the Snow Dole Co in 1989 with the brief of developing new products, researching the market and managing trademark rights on new products, such as Dole's ice cream and cheese.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever