USA/JAPAN: Fruit supplier Dole puts distance between it and Snow Brand
Californian behemoth Dole Food Co., the world's largest fruit supplier, has made public its intention to sever all capital and business ties with Japan's scandal-ridden dairy giant Snow Brand Milk Products Co (SBMP). Dole and SBMP jointly established the Snow Dole Co in 1989 with the brief of developing new products, researching the market and managing trademark rights on new products, such as Dole's ice cream and cheese.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry