US: F&S Produce rolling out natural salsa line
F&S extending all natural salsa distribution
F&S Produce Company has started rolling out its Sam's Fresh range of all-natural salsas to customers throughout the northeast and mid Atlantic states in the US.
The company said the move follows a "successful" soft launch in the test markets in Philadelphia and New York.
"Sam's Fresh Salsa was introduced to the test market areas in 2013 and has become an extremely successful brand in those markets with tremendous consumer loyalty. Sam's Fresh Salsa is an all natural product which makes it a perfect extension of the freshness and safety commitment we have at F&S Produce Company," president and CEO Sam Pipitone commented.
The line is made up of mild, medium, hot and mango/pineapple varieties.
F&S Produce launches Sam's Fresh Salsa to test markets
F&S Produce Company Inc., the leading manufacturer and marketer of fresh-cut produce and other refrigerated value-added products in the Northeast United States, announced it will be introducing Sam's Fresh Salsa to all of its customers after a successful test market in Philadelphia and New York.
Sam Pipitone, President and CEO at F&S, stated, "We are very excited to introduce our all natural Sam's Fresh Salsa to all the retail and food service customers in the Northeast and Mid Atlantic States. We developed this product to duplicate the all natural salsa we made at F&S Produce for company parties and special events. Sam's Fresh Salsa was introduced to the test market areas in 2013 and has become an extremely successful brand in those markets with tremendous consumer loyalty. Sam's Fresh Salsa is an all natural product which makes it a perfect extension of the freshness and safety commitment we have at F&S Produce Company".
Doug Nicoll, Director of Technical Services at F&S, indicated, "The packaging is superior in that the tamper-evident film seal and cover are leakproof and can reseal tightly to help preserve leftover salsa. The customer can clearly view the fresh, colourful salsa on store shelves. As a certified SQF 2000 company with comprehensive food safety and quality systems, the customer can feel assured of fresh, wholesome, tasty salsa".
F&S worked closely with our retail test market partners to make sure we had the proper taste profile, price point and promotional strategy for Sam's Fresh Salsa. Sam Burleson, VP of Sales & Marketing at F&S, stated, "Sam's Fresh Salsa will launch in our new full colour preprinted film sealed containers and will be available in mild, medium, hot and mango/pineapple varieties. We will tailor a promotional strategy with each retailer to ensure we develop programs that create excitement and deliver the fresh, all natural message to the consumer. With the introduction of Sam's Fresh Salsa the consumer now has a clear choice to purchase a fresh all natural alternative to the existing processed salsa brands".
Original source: F&S Produce Company
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)