USA: FTC asks PespsiCo and Quaker for more info
The US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has requested more information regarding PepsiCo's proposed acquisition of Quaker Oats. The companies who still expect the deal to close in the second quarter of the year would not reveal the type of information that the FTC was asking for.
The companies have received preliminary clearance from the Securities and Exchange Commission of the joint proxy statement/prospectus relating to the merger.
PepsiCo yesterday (2 January) announced the acquisition of Star Foods, one of Poland's leading savoury snack producers....
Consumer goods giant Sara Lee Corporation has announced today that it has reached agreement on the principal terms and conditions for the sale of its European nuts and snacks business in the Netherlan...
Snacks and soft drinks giant PepsiCo has announced its agreement, pending government approval, to purchase Stacy's Pita Chip Company, the top-selling maker of pita chips with sales approaching $60m th...
US snacks giant Frito-Lay, part of PepsiCo, has announced that it is to cut between 200 and 250 jobs as part of a move to streamline its organisation....
Frito-Lay India, the Indian snacks division of US giant PepsiCo, is set to launch several Quaker breakfast cereal brands onto the Indian market by the end of the year....
US snacks and soft drinks giant PepsiCo has reported lower third-quarter profit, due to a tax charge related to international profit repatriation....
Food and drink company Pepsico is to close its Walkers snack factory in Swansea, in South Wales, with the loss of 250 jobs, reports the BBC....
Snack company Smith's Snackfood Company today (Tuesday) announced it has acquired Sakata Rice Snacks Australia....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid