US: FTC backs Bi-Lo's Delhaize deal - with conditions
Bi-Lo to discard Sweetbay banner
The US Federal Trade Commission has given the green light to Bi-Lo's move to buy Delhaize's Sweetbay, Harveys and Reid's chains after the US retailer agreed to sell 12 of the stores and the Belgium-based group said it would keep two of the outlets.
Bi-Lo will offload five stores in Florida to Rowe's IGA and Food Giant. Six in Georgia will be sold to three buyers - Homeland, Food Giant Supermarkets and W. Lee Flowers and Company, which will also snap up an outlet in South Carolina.
Delhaize will hold on to a Reid's store in South Carolina and a Harveys outlet in Georgia and convert both to Food Lions.
Bi-Lo struck a $265m deal in May for the three chains. In October, it said it would keep the Harveys banner but discard Sweetbay and Reid's once the deal closes. Both sides now expect the transaction to be completed in May.
Agricultural Products in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Introduction Food Retail in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro......
2013 saw the continuous development of trends seen in 2012: the strength of the authenticity trend favoured brands such as Delhaize Group SA, which strongly marketed its own organic labels. Value-for-...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis