US: FTC backs Bi-Lo's Delhaize deal - with conditions
Bi-Lo to discard Sweetbay banner
The US Federal Trade Commission has given the green light to Bi-Lo's move to buy Delhaize's Sweetbay, Harveys and Reid's chains after the US retailer agreed to sell 12 of the stores and the Belgium-based group said it would keep two of the outlets.
Bi-Lo will offload five stores in Florida to Rowe's IGA and Food Giant. Six in Georgia will be sold to three buyers - Homeland, Food Giant Supermarkets and W. Lee Flowers and Company, which will also snap up an outlet in South Carolina.
Delhaize will hold on to a Reid's store in South Carolina and a Harveys outlet in Georgia and convert both to Food Lions.
Bi-Lo struck a $265m deal in May for the three chains. In October, it said it would keep the Harveys banner but discard Sweetbay and Reid's once the deal closes. Both sides now expect the transaction to be completed in May.
Agricultural Products in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Introduction Food Retail in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro......
2013 saw the continuous development of trends seen in 2012: the strength of the authenticity trend favoured brands such as Delhaize Group SA, which strongly marketed its own organic labels. Value-for-...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis