UK: Functional food claims need regulating says Consumers' Association
In a new policy report the Consumers' Association has called for tighter controls on ingredients, nutrition labelling, and health claims for functional foods.The report, Functional Foods - Health or Hype?, is backed up by Health Which? research into Benecol spread, Yakult fermented milk drink, and Aviva orange juice drink.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth