WORLD: Functional food continues to dominate producers' strategies
Functional foods dominate producers' strategies, according to Anna Ibbotson, Food Programme Manager with Frost & Sullivan , the UK-based international marketing consulting firm. Ibbotson explains that "Activity within the food industry continues to focus upon the functional food sectors with the launch and development of numerous functional ingredients and products during 2001." Large food and beverage companies through in-house R&D, relationships with ingredients manufacturers or acquisition strategy are increasing their product portfolios to incorporate functional products in a bid to maintain market share and margins, "in an ever price conscious and competitive market."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund