WORLD: Functional food continues to dominate producers' strategies
Functional foods dominate producers' strategies, according to Anna Ibbotson, Food Programme Manager with Frost & Sullivan , the UK-based international marketing consulting firm. Ibbotson explains that "Activity within the food industry continues to focus upon the functional food sectors with the launch and development of numerous functional ingredients and products during 2001." Large food and beverage companies through in-house R&D, relationships with ingredients manufacturers or acquisition strategy are increasing their product portfolios to incorporate functional products in a bid to maintain market share and margins, "in an ever price conscious and competitive market."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations