USA: Functional food ingredient given GRAS approval
GTC Nutrition Company announced today that its NutraFlora short chain fructooligosaccharide product has been recognized as GRAS (generally recognized as safe) by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Premarket Approval. The FDA stated that it had no questions regarding GTC Nutrition's conclusion that NutraFlora is safe in foods as outlined in a petition submitted to FDA. NutraFlora has been recognized as GRAS for use in a wide variety of foods, including baby foods, bars, beverages, biscuits, cakes, confectionery, cookies, crackers, milk products, ice cream, jams and jellies, muffins, cereals, sorbets, sherbets, soups, and yoghurts. NutraFlora is the only GRAS recognized fructooligosaccharide available.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti