USA: Functional foods foray into the pet food sector
Innovation is booming in the pet food industry and new healthy and nutraceutical food options are taking over retail shelves, according to a new report. With the population of pets in the US at an all-time high, and the market expected to reach sales exceeding US$12bn by 2006, the pet food industry is in a position to profit dramatically. Pet food owners are continuing to move away from semi-moist food into dry food equivalents, but the area of functional foods for pets shows the most promise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund