CANADA: Functional oil fights fat and cholesterol
Researchers in Canada have published findings of a study that indicates that a certain blend of tropical oils helps overweight men lose weight and lower their cholesterol levels. The functional oil is a blend of tropical oils such as coconut and palm oils, along with flaxseed oil and olive oil. It has been produced by Canadian biopharmaceutical company Forbes Medi-Tech, which funded the study along with Dairy Farmers of Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti