FRANCE: Fund Qualium in talks to buy biscuit maker Poult
French firm Biscuit Poult is up for sale
Private-equity group LBO France is in exclusive talks to sell French market leader for private-label biscuits, Biscuit Poult, to investment fund Qualium Investissement.
Qualium, a subsidiary of French state bank, the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (CDC), has an asset portfolio that includes fast food chain Quick.
A spokesperson for LBO France confirmed to just-food a French report that said the two parties had agreed in principle on a price of around EUR170m (US$234m).
One of Poult's rivals, Bouvard, had also submitted a bid. However, LBO France has bowed to the wishes of Poult's management that the Toulouse-based firm preserve its independence.
A spokesperson for Qualium confirmed exclusive negotiations were underway but declined to comment further.
Poult makes biscuits for the majority of French supermarket chains, as well as for Wessanen's organic brand Bjorg. It posted a turnover of EUR190m in 2013, an increase of 12% on the previous year and up 50% since 2007.
In October, LBO France sold Poult's Polish subsidiary, Dr Gerard, to private-equity counterpart Bridgepoint for an undisclosed sum.
Royal Wessanen NV (Wessanen) is a Netherlands-based developer, producer and distributor of natural and specialty food products. It offers health foods and premium taste foods such as organic, vegetari...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global syrups & spreads market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during February 2014....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis