BRAZIL: Fungus, foot and mouth hits Brazilian soy, beef trade
Although it is estimated that the soy trade in Asia should not be disrupted by a fungus problem in Brazil, "buyers are watching nervously as another woe threatens South American supply prospects". According to a report by World Agriculture Online , the devastating Asian rust fungus, which reduces the size and yield from soybeans, has been found in at least four of Brazil's main farm states, as neighbouring Argentina, itself no stranger to fungus problems, reels from a financial crisis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast