BRAZIL: Fungus, foot and mouth hits Brazilian soy, beef trade
Although it is estimated that the soy trade in Asia should not be disrupted by a fungus problem in Brazil, "buyers are watching nervously as another woe threatens South American supply prospects". According to a report by World Agriculture Online , the devastating Asian rust fungus, which reduces the size and yield from soybeans, has been found in at least four of Brazil's main farm states, as neighbouring Argentina, itself no stranger to fungus problems, reels from a financial crisis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group