UK: Further dialogue needed on Foot and Mouth vaccine issue - NFU
Too many questions remain unanswered on the issue of whether vaccination should be used in the fight against foot and mouth, the NFU said on Friday (30 March 2001). More evidence and further dialogue is needed before any decision is made, said NFU President Ben Gill. Mr Gill, Deputy President Tim Bennett and Director General Richard Macdonald spent the morning in a meeting with other UK farming organisations, Agriculture Minister Nick Brown and Government senior scientific advisors, including Chief Vet Jim Scudamore.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat