UK: Further dialogue needed on Foot and Mouth vaccine issue - NFU
Too many questions remain unanswered on the issue of whether vaccination should be used in the fight against foot and mouth, the NFU said on Friday (30 March 2001). More evidence and further dialogue is needed before any decision is made, said NFU President Ben Gill. Mr Gill, Deputy President Tim Bennett and Director General Richard Macdonald spent the morning in a meeting with other UK farming organisations, Agriculture Minister Nick Brown and Government senior scientific advisors, including Chief Vet Jim Scudamore.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'