ARGENTINA: Further lifting of foot and mouth restrictions
The EU's Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health supported a Commission proposal to further lift the measures still being applied to Argentina because of outbreaks of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD). The import into the EU of bone-in ovine, caprine and bovine fresh meat from Patagonia (the provinces of Chubut, Santa Cruz, Tierra del Fuego and the part of Rio Negro south of the 42nd parallel) will be allowed from animals slaughtered after 1 March 2002. The epidemiological situation of FMD in this area has been clarified by Argentina and the OIE (Office International des Epizooties) has now proposed that those provinces should be granted the status of "FMD free without vaccination". From the other parts of Argentina only import of deboned and maturated fresh bovine meat continues to be authorised.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report