NEW ZEALAND: Further obstacle to PPCS's takeover bid for Richmond Meats
Hawkes Bay meat company Richmond Meats yesterday [Thursday] secured an injunction from the High Court in an attempt to prevent the southern cooperative PPCS from acquiring it. The injunction prevents PPCS "taking any steps to sell, buy, or transfer interests in Richmond shares" and has been imposed to give the High Court time to hear separate proceedings filed in April by Richmond and by a group of Richmond shareholders without the status quo changing. Proceedings will be held in Christchurch on 6 August.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant