NEW ZEALAND: Further obstacle to PPCS's takeover bid for Richmond Meats
Hawkes Bay meat company Richmond Meats yesterday [Thursday] secured an injunction from the High Court in an attempt to prevent the southern cooperative PPCS from acquiring it. The injunction prevents PPCS "taking any steps to sell, buy, or transfer interests in Richmond shares" and has been imposed to give the High Court time to hear separate proceedings filed in April by Richmond and by a group of Richmond shareholders without the status quo changing. Proceedings will be held in Christchurch on 6 August.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre