NEW ZEALAND: Further obstacle to PPCS's takeover bid for Richmond Meats
Hawkes Bay meat company Richmond Meats yesterday [Thursday] secured an injunction from the High Court in an attempt to prevent the southern cooperative PPCS from acquiring it. The injunction prevents PPCS "taking any steps to sell, buy, or transfer interests in Richmond shares" and has been imposed to give the High Court time to hear separate proceedings filed in April by Richmond and by a group of Richmond shareholders without the status quo changing. Proceedings will be held in Christchurch on 6 August.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action