BRAZIL: FY profits up at meat giant JBS
JBS exports were up 20% in 2013
JBS posted net income of BRL926.9m (US$398.9m), up from BRL718.9m in 2012. Operating income grew 28.4% to BRL1.78bn.
Net revenue increased 22.7% to BRL92.9bn during 2013. Sales from JBS's Mercosul unit jumped 43.3% as it benefited from the acquisition of poultry business Seara Brasil from domestic rival Marfrig. JBS also pointed to improvement from its Brazilian beef arm.
The company said its US chicken unit saw net revenue rise 3.6% to US$8.41bn, with net income from the business more than trebling to $549.6m.
JBS's exports were up 20% to $12bn. CEO Wesley Mendonça Batista said the number of JBS's export markets increased, while it saw demand rise in emerging economies.
The group saw sales and profits increase in its fourth quarter, although its net income of BRL140.7m fell below the average analyst forecast of BRL374m, according to a Thomson Reuters poll. JBS saw net financial expenses more than double in the quarter.
Click here for the full statement.
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (Pilgrim’s Pride) is engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh, frozen and value-added chicken products. The company offers fresh chicken p...
Synopsis Canadean's "JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus