BRAZIL: FY profits up at meat giant JBS
JBS exports were up 20% in 2013
JBS posted net income of BRL926.9m (US$398.9m), up from BRL718.9m in 2012. Operating income grew 28.4% to BRL1.78bn.
Net revenue increased 22.7% to BRL92.9bn during 2013. Sales from JBS's Mercosul unit jumped 43.3% as it benefited from the acquisition of poultry business Seara Brasil from domestic rival Marfrig. JBS also pointed to improvement from its Brazilian beef arm.
The company said its US chicken unit saw net revenue rise 3.6% to US$8.41bn, with net income from the business more than trebling to $549.6m.
JBS's exports were up 20% to $12bn. CEO Wesley Mendonça Batista said the number of JBS's export markets increased, while it saw demand rise in emerging economies.
The group saw sales and profits increase in its fourth quarter, although its net income of BRL140.7m fell below the average analyst forecast of BRL374m, according to a Thomson Reuters poll. JBS saw net financial expenses more than double in the quarter.
Click here for the full statement.
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
Synopsis Canadean's "JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It a...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Cooked Meats - Counter category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides in...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK