IRELAND: Fyffes - bananas prove a bane - COMMENT
Fyffes has announced a fall in annual profits. The Irish banana company has faced a difficult year. In addition to its much-hyped eCommerce losses, it has had to deal with bad weather, rising fuel and packaging costs, illegal competition and adverse exchange rates. With a heavy emphasis on cutting costs, the company aims to improve profits by E20 million next year but there is little it can do to really sort out its problems.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea