IRELAND: Fyffes points to organic growth as profits rise
Profits from Fyffes' banana business fell year-on-year
Fyffes booked a 7.7% increase in net profit to EUR25.6m (US$35.5m) for the year to the end of December. EBIT grew 10.6% to EUR31.3m.
The higher earnings came on the back of an improved top line. Total revenue, including the share of joint ventures, was up 6.3% at EUR1.08bn.
The results were announced alongside the company's deal to combine with Chiquita, creating the largest supplier of bananas worldwide, with annual sales of US$4.6bn.
Fyffes chairman David McCann, who will be the CEO of the new ChiquitaFyffes, said his company's 2013 results had built upon a "very strong performance in the previous year" and were "driven mainly by continued organic growth".
Higher selling prices for bananas and pineapples, combined with organic growth from bananas and melons, helped Fyffes' sales.
However, profits from Fyffes' banana business were "slightly down" amid higher input costs and pressure from forex.
For news of Fyffes' planned merger with Chiquita click here.
For Fyffes' full results announcement click here.
The analysts in this report forecast the Global Non-GMO Food market will grow at a CAGR of 15.92 percent over the period 2013-2018. The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of t...
Natural food is a category of food that is minimally processed and is free of synthetic preservatives. It does not contain genetically modified organisms, high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweete...
Health and wellness food products can be defined as foods and beverages that are specially formulated and distinctively marketed to provide a distinct health or functional benefit to the consumers. Th...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report