IRELAND: Fyffes points to organic growth as profits rise
Profits from Fyffes' banana business fell year-on-year
Fyffes booked a 7.7% increase in net profit to EUR25.6m (US$35.5m) for the year to the end of December. EBIT grew 10.6% to EUR31.3m.
The higher earnings came on the back of an improved top line. Total revenue, including the share of joint ventures, was up 6.3% at EUR1.08bn.
The results were announced alongside the company's deal to combine with Chiquita, creating the largest supplier of bananas worldwide, with annual sales of US$4.6bn.
Fyffes chairman David McCann, who will be the CEO of the new ChiquitaFyffes, said his company's 2013 results had built upon a "very strong performance in the previous year" and were "driven mainly by continued organic growth".
Higher selling prices for bananas and pineapples, combined with organic growth from bananas and melons, helped Fyffes' sales.
However, profits from Fyffes' banana business were "slightly down" amid higher input costs and pressure from forex.
For news of Fyffes' planned merger with Chiquita click here.
For Fyffes' full results announcement click here.
Canadean's "Chiquita Brands International, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The p...
Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Including Juices, Sauces, Soups and Dried & Pickled Vegetables, Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311
Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Including Juices, Sauces, Soups and Dried & Pickled Vegetables, Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311...
The analysts in this report forecast the Global Non-GMO Food market will grow at a CAGR of 15.92 percent over the period 2013-2018. The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of t...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020