IRELAND: Fyffes slips on e-commerce banana skin
Worldoffruit.com , a "24-hour secure online trading and the latest industry news and views" on the global fresh fruit and vegetable market, is scaling back operations a year after launching. The portal, backed by fruit producer Fyffes , is planning to close offices in the UK, France, Holland, Spain and Italy. Plans to expand into South Africa, South America and Asia have been abandoned.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units