USA: Galaxy Foods bolsters foodservice division
Galaxy Foods Company (AMEX: GXY), a leading producer of nutritional, plant based and health-promoting dairy and dairy related alternatives for the retail, foodservice and industrial markets, today announced that Mike Rapport has been named Vice President of Foodservice and New Products. As Vice President of Foodservice and New Products, Mike Rapport, a former GNC (General Nutrition Center) executive and previously Galaxy's VP of Nutraceuticals, will oversee a team of regional sales representatives and administrators focused on strategically increasing the Company's current and new foodservice opportunities throughout the United States. Galaxy's Chief Executive Officer, Angelo Morini, commented, "Galaxy has a great opportunity to rapidly expand current and new business opportunities in our foodservice division, and we are confident that Mike is the ideal choice to oversee this growth." Separately, the Company reported that its Veggie Culinary School is open and successfully conducting certification classes for dieticians and healthy foods cooking classes for professional chefs as well as the general public. The School's mission is to be an educational culinary resource encouraging students to incorporate innovative nutraceutical (functional food) products into their daily menus and diets. Research indicates that a healthy diet, including soy -based products offered by Galaxy, reduces the risk of certain diseases linked to the consumption of high fat, high cholesterol and other foods with harmful ingredients. The Veggie Culinary School is certified by the American Culinary Federation and offers ACF Certification in Nutrition, ACF Re-Certification in Nutrition, Dietician continuing education credits, a Menu Insertion Program, and more. Additional information and registration materials are available at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review