USA: Galaxy Foods expands international distribution into Trinidad
Galaxy Foods Company (AMEX: GXY), a leading producer of nutritional, plant based and health-promoting dairy and dairy related alternatives for the retail, foodservice and industrial markets, today announced the expansion of its international product distribution into Trinidad. Galaxy Foods currently distributes its products in over 20 foreign countries. Galaxy Foods has started distributing its Veggie(TM) brand product-line into Trinidad through an alliance with Ryco Limited Distribution of Trinidad. Initially, Galaxy's Veggie(TM) brand products will be available at local grocery stores and supermarkets with future plans to sell the products at convenience stores as well. With a total of over 58 SKUs (item numbers) available for immediate distribution, Galaxy Foods' Veggie(TM) brand product line is a category and market share leader in the United States. Galaxy Foods dominates the alternative cheese market with 88% of the market share. The Veggie(TM) brand product line includes a healthy array of cholesterol free, lactose free, and additive free products that taste great! Research indicates that a healthy diet, including soy -based products offered by Galaxy, reduces the risk of certain diseases linked to the consumption of high fat, high cholesterol and other foods with harmful ingredients. Galaxy's soy-based Veggie(TM) brand products include Veggie(TM) brand cheeses, milk, butter, yogurt, toppings, spreads, bars, and smoothies. Galaxy Chief Executive Officer, Angelo Morini, commented, "The expansion of product distribution to Trinidad correlates with the new avenues of growth we are currently exploring. With our new equipment coming on line soon, we are aggressively seeking additional opportunities to both broaden our manufacturing lines and bolster product demand."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report