FRANCE: Garnier to lead Carrefour's Chinese operations
Carrefour appoints new director for China and Taiwan
French retailer Carrefour has appointed a new executive director for its operations in China and Taiwan.
Thierry Garnier, executive director for Carrefour's "growth markets," will replace Eric Legros, who has been appointed executive director in charge of group merchandise, a newly created position on the company's executive board.
Garnier will formally take the new role in April after a transition period starting in January.
Carrefour is currently fourth in China for sales through hypermarkets, with a market share of 8.1%.
He occupied several management roles within Carrefour's hypermarkets business in France before being appointed executive director in charge of its operations in south-east Asia, Europe, India and the retailer's international partnerships in January 2008.
Garnier's successor as executive director of Carrefour's growth markets is Pierre Bouchut, who moves from his position as CFO.
Tesco executives may feel they have a lot on their plate but their "to do" list is not as long as that sitting in front of their counterparts across the English Channel at Carrefour....
A sign that a branded food market is maturing is the growth of niches and demand for certified-organic products in China is starting to rise. However, as Mark Godfrey reports from Beijing and the sout...
French dairy, juice and soup products maker Laiterie de Saint-Denis-de-l'Hotel (LSDH) is investing EUR40m in the expansion of two plants in over the next three years...
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast