EUROPE: Gaucho Grill expands despite European BSE fears
Despite growing fears about BSE on the European continent, Gioma Restaurants , owner of the Gaucho Grill steakhouse chain, is pressing ahead with its planned European expansion programme. Zeev Godik, Gioma's chairman and chief executive, says he is undeterred by the new wave of anti-beef sentiment that has seen McDonald's to register its first profits fall for nearly three years. He claims the effect on his business is 'not very significant,' adding: "We have been through this before, when the BSE crisis first hit the UK."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw