INDIA: GCMMF member Banaskantha eyes more dairies
Banaskantha is planning yet more dairies in India
India's Banaskantha District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union, a member of the Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation that owns the popular Amul brand, is to set up two more dairy plants.
The new factories will be in Lucknow and Kanpur in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh.
Last week, Banaskantha announced it would build a plant in Faridabad, Haryana, near New Delhi.
Parthi Bhatol, Banaskantha's chairman, told just-food both of the new Uttar Pradesh dairies would have a daily milk production capacity of 500,000 litres and would cost US$50m to build.
The sites will collect milk directly from farmers, bypassing traders, expanding an established in-house network.
Bhatol said: "We already procure 200,000 litres milk every day from 1,000 collection centres in villages around Kanpur and sell it under [the] Amul brand in Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi and Haridwar."
He said there was no opening date for these additional plants but they would be built after the Faridabad plant was opened in 2015. The co-op plans to manufacture packaged milk under the Amul brand at the sites.
The new dairies would benefit consumers as milk co-operatives have been poorly run in the state, Bhatol added.
As a non-essential luxury item, ice cream is not a product that might be expected to have a large market in a developing economy. However, as the Indian economy continues to grow, this is likely to ch...
Synopsis Baby Food India examines the trends in the baby food market for 2006-2012, with forecasts to 2018. It examines how live birth rates, breastfeeding trends, the economic crisis, new product and...
Cheese is made from milk obtained from cow, buffalo, goat, and sheep. Ten pounds of milk is used to prepare one pound of cheese. The taste and texture of cheese vary depending on the source of milk an...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global dairy food market during September 2014....
Dairy food refers to food products produced from milk sourced primarily from cows, goats, sheep, yaks, horses, camels, and buffaloes. They are usually considered as high energy-yielding food products....
Confectionery comprises of chocolate, sugar confectionery, and gum. Cocoa and sugar are the raw materials for chocolate and latex is the raw material used for gum. Many new varieties of confectionery ...
Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global dairy food market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with the top-line ...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019