UK: G.Costa announces acquisition
G.Costa announce the acquisition of Elsenham Preserves, Patum Peperium, and Becas. The four brands will be produced in a new factory situated at Elsenham, Hertfordshire (near Stanstead). The acquisition, which is their first since the management buyout in January 1999 strengthens the portfolio of owned brands which include Blue Dragon, Curry Club and Zest. The company has three manufacturing plants Keddie Sauce Masters, Zest and now Elsenham. Over half of the Costa turnover (£50 million) comes from major international agencies including Tabasco, Amora Maille, Krisprolls, French's and Celestial Tea.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery