UK: G.Costa announces acquisition
G.Costa announce the acquisition of Elsenham Preserves, Patum Peperium, and Becas. The four brands will be produced in a new factory situated at Elsenham, Hertfordshire (near Stanstead). The acquisition, which is their first since the management buyout in January 1999 strengthens the portfolio of owned brands which include Blue Dragon, Curry Club and Zest. The company has three manufacturing plants Keddie Sauce Masters, Zest and now Elsenham. Over half of the Costa turnover (£50 million) comes from major international agencies including Tabasco, Amora Maille, Krisprolls, French's and Celestial Tea.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea