UK: Geest sells interest in Worldwide Fruit
UK fresh prepared foods and produce company Geest has announced the sale of its shares in Enzafruit Worldwide Ltd (Worldwide Fruit) to one of its other joint venture partners, Northcourt. Worldwide Fruit was formed by Geest and New Zealand's Enza in October 1999 to market fruit and other imported produce in the UK. Subsequently, in October 2000, UK apple growers Northcourt Group, entered the venture reducing Geest's interest to 40%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter