UK: Geest takes a fresh look at ERP
Founded in 1935, Geest was engaged primarily in horticulture and produce importation and wholesaling. Having invested in growth, both organic and by acquisition, the company is now market leader in the manufacture of prepared salads and prepared produce, speciality bread, fresh pasta and fresh pasta sauce, chilled pizzas, fresh dips and dressing and fresh soups. In 1999, Geest's Board of Directors recognised the need for a core system using a common platform and harmonised business practices throughout the Group. Geest selected Protean, Wonderware's solution for the process industry, as its core ERP system to implement across 26 sites and over 500 users. Geest purchased the full suite of Protean ERP software including Production, Planning, Purchasing, Inventory, Customer Order Management and Financial modules. Fresh prepared foods is one of the fastest growing areas in UK food retailing. Mark Pullen Finance Director at Geest says: "Our sales of fresh prepared foods in the UK rose by 13% last year. Recent investments in ready meals have also been rewarded with 26% growth. Geest has been growing very successfully and we needed a system that would support us into the future as our business continues to grow. We feel confident that Protean is the ideal tool".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review