AUS: General Mills adds chilled meals output to plant
General Mills has extended a plant in Australia to allow it to take its Latina brand into the chilled meals category.
The company already makes chilled pasta and pasta sauces under the brand at the plant in Mount Waverley but has invested to expand the portfolio.
"The expansion of the Latina brand into the chilled meals category is an exciting growth opportunity for General Mills and has given us the capability to provide fresh Australian-made convenient meal solutions for busy and discerning Australian consumers," Markus Muehleisen, MD of the company's business in Australia and New Zealand, said.
Investment at the plant, which has been manufacturing Latina products for over 20 years, has created 40 jobs in production.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020