AUS: General Mills adds chilled meals output to plant
General Mills has extended a plant in Australia to allow it to take its Latina brand into the chilled meals category.
The company already makes chilled pasta and pasta sauces under the brand at the plant in Mount Waverley but has invested to expand the portfolio.
"The expansion of the Latina brand into the chilled meals category is an exciting growth opportunity for General Mills and has given us the capability to provide fresh Australian-made convenient meal solutions for busy and discerning Australian consumers," Markus Muehleisen, MD of the company's business in Australia and New Zealand, said.
Investment at the plant, which has been manufacturing Latina products for over 20 years, has created 40 jobs in production.
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims