AUS: General Mills adds chilled meals output to plant
General Mills has extended a plant in Australia to allow it to take its Latina brand into the chilled meals category.
The company already makes chilled pasta and pasta sauces under the brand at the plant in Mount Waverley but has invested to expand the portfolio.
"The expansion of the Latina brand into the chilled meals category is an exciting growth opportunity for General Mills and has given us the capability to provide fresh Australian-made convenient meal solutions for busy and discerning Australian consumers," Markus Muehleisen, MD of the company's business in Australia and New Zealand, said.
Investment at the plant, which has been manufacturing Latina products for over 20 years, has created 40 jobs in production.
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO