AUS: General Mills adds chilled meals output to plant
General Mills has extended a plant in Australia to allow it to take its Latina brand into the chilled meals category.
The company already makes chilled pasta and pasta sauces under the brand at the plant in Mount Waverley but has invested to expand the portfolio.
"The expansion of the Latina brand into the chilled meals category is an exciting growth opportunity for General Mills and has given us the capability to provide fresh Australian-made convenient meal solutions for busy and discerning Australian consumers," Markus Muehleisen, MD of the company's business in Australia and New Zealand, said.
Investment at the plant, which has been manufacturing Latina products for over 20 years, has created 40 jobs in production.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton