AUS: General Mills adds chilled meals output to plant
General Mills has extended a plant in Australia to allow it to take its Latina brand into the chilled meals category.
The company already makes chilled pasta and pasta sauces under the brand at the plant in Mount Waverley but has invested to expand the portfolio.
"The expansion of the Latina brand into the chilled meals category is an exciting growth opportunity for General Mills and has given us the capability to provide fresh Australian-made convenient meal solutions for busy and discerning Australian consumers," Markus Muehleisen, MD of the company's business in Australia and New Zealand, said.
Investment at the plant, which has been manufacturing Latina products for over 20 years, has created 40 jobs in production.
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Interview: Muller Wiseman mulls branded milk move
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- Tesco delists Rachel's Organic yoghurt range
- Hostess sale rumours hit headlines again
- Second US ice cream firm announces total recall
- Dr. Oetker buys Romanian brand Alex
- China to introduce "toughest" food safety law yet