USA: General Mills and Diageo to Combine Their Worldwide Consumer Foods Operations
General Mills, Inc. (NYSE: GIS - news) and Diageo plc (LSE: DGE; NYSE: DEO) today announced that their boards of directors have unanimously approved a definitive agreement, under which General Mills will acquire Diageo's worldwide Pillsbury operations in a transaction valued at $10.5 billion. Under the terms of the agreement, General Mills will acquire Pillsbury in a stock-for-stock exchange.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti