USA: General Mills cashes in on Olympic glory with special-edition Wheaties box
Breakfast cereal brand Wheaties unveiled new packaging commemorating America's gold-medal winning figure skating champion Sarah Hughes, at a press conference hosted yesterday [Monday] in Salt Lake City. The soon-to-be-released 18-ounce package will be available across the US next month, and the company explained that it "continues Wheaties' storied tradition of honoring great athletic champions dating back to Johnny Weismuller and Babe Didrickson in the 1930s".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project