USA: General Mills declares dividend, AGM elects directors
The board of directors of US packaged foods group General Mills yesterday [Monday] approved a quarterly dividend at the prevailing rate of US$0.275 per share.
The dividend will be payable 1 November 2002, to shareholders of record 10 October 2002. General Mills and its predecessor company have now paid uninterrupted dividends without reduction for 104 years, the company said in a release.
General Mills chairman and chief executive officer Steve Sanger told shareholders attending the company's 74th annual meeting, held in Minneapolis, that fiscal 2002 was a year of significant change for General Mills with the completion of the Pillsbury acquisition. Sanger reported that the company is off to a good start towards achieving its fiscal 2003 objectives. Last week, the company reported first-quarter diluted earnings per share of 56 cents before unusual items.
In actions at the annual meeting, shareholders elected the 13 directors nominated and approved the appointment of KPMG LLP as the company's independent auditor. Two shareholder proposals, one concerning genetically modified foods and one concerning global labour standards, were not approved.
Companies: General Mills
General Mills announced that net sales for the second quarter of the 2006 fiscal year increased by 3% to US$3.27bn net diluted earnings...
Cereal company General Mills has said it expects an increase in net earnings for the second quarter. It is due to announce second quarter results on 22 December....
US food company General Mills has unveiled a 25-foot-tall Jolly Green Giant billboard in New York City's Times Square to officially launch its multi-million dollar marketing campaign for the Green Gia...
Cereal maker General Mills has reported a sharp rise in earnings for the first quarter ended 28 August....
US cereal company General Mills has reported rises in sales and profits for the 2005 financial year, but fourth quarter sales were down....
General Mills' latest advertising campaign aims to raise children's awareness of the importance of breakfast. However, although the company is hoping to be seen as a champion of children's health, it ...
Cereal Company General Mills has announced a new non-branded children's television health advertising campaign designed to communicate the benefits of breakfast....
US food company General Mills is investigating a report that its ice cream unit Haagen-Dazs has been making ice-cream cakes for retail outlets in China at an unauthorized, underground factory, accordi...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review