US: General Mills develops oatmeal for Keurig coffee machines
General Mills hopes line will provide more convenient option
General Mills has become the latest US food manufacturer to develop a product designed to be cooked with a Keurig coffee machine.
The company is rolling out Nature Valley Bistro Cups Oatmeal, a product that includes a packet of oatmeal, another of fruit and nuts and a flavour capsule to be brewed in the machines.
The launch comes after Campbell Soup Co. developed packs of soup designed to be cooked in the Keurig machines.
A spokesperson for General Mills told just-food its new line was targeted at "Keurig lovers who want to do more with their brewers".
He said: "We believe there are many Keurig owners that like oatmeal and would eat it more often, but who have not been eating it because it has not been convenient. Our Bistro Cups contain just the right amount of oats, fruits, nuts and flavour to brew the perfect mug of oatmeal every time."
The cups are available through Amazon and are set to initially roll out into Sam's Club warehouse stores in the north east of the US.
"We expect other mass merchandise and grocery retailers that have well developed Keurig businesses to begin offering the product later this year," the spokesperson added.
The advertising for Danisa butter cookies in the US has been changed after complaints from Campbell Soup Co., owner of the Danish snacks business Kelsen....
General Mills has launched a range of yoghurts containing seeds under the Liberté brand in the UK....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights