General Mills eyes growth for Nature Valley in UK convenience
General Mills targets convenience channels for Nature Valley sales growth
General Mills hopes to grow sales of its Nature Valley snack bar range in independent convenience retailers in the UK through the introduction of a national field sales team.
The company said the team will offer tailored merchandising, point-of-sale support, category advice and insights into shopper trends in order to help independent retailers expand sales – and grow the Nature Valley brand.
Supporting convenience sales, General Mills is offering cases of Nature Valley bars in single and twin packs.
Ben Hale, Marketing, strategy and planning at Nature Valley, said General Mills views convenience as a “massive opportunity” for the brand.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target