General Mills introduces "hearty" Yoplait in US
General Mills adds to US Yoplait range
Yoplait Plenti contains "good stuff like fruit, whole grain oats, flax and pumpkin seeds", General Mills told just-food. It also pointed to the yoghurt's "one-to-one sugar to protein ratio", with 12g of both ingredients in the new line.
"We wanted to provide a different eating experience than your typical yoghurt. A chewy texture is the result of blending creamy Greek yoghurt with seeds and grains. This is a hearty, substantial snack with wholesome ingredients," Plenti marketing manager Joanna Hargus told just-food.
Yoplait Plenti is being rolled out this month and will be available nationally this summer, General Mills said.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action