US: General Mills launches Fiber One protein bars
Fiber One are available in all major grocery stores
General Mills has launched Fiber one protein bars to tap into on-the-go, high fibre snacks.
The chocolate-coated bars will be available in caramel nut and coconut almond varieties and are being targeted at consumers seeking to "satisfy afternoon snack cravings".
"At the start of the New Year, many Americans make resolutions to eat healthier, but it can be difficult to find smart options in the snack aisle that deliver on both nutrition and flavour,” said Katherine Zonino, associate marketing manager for Fiber One.
The Protein Bars are available at major grocery stores nationwide in boxes of five, at a suggested retail price of US$4.19.
General Mills unveiled plans for a raft of new products last week as it seeks to improve sales across its business, particularly in the Yoplait owner's yoghurt division. There was a major piece of con...
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Nestle strengthens margins but net profit down
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Pinnacle Foods closes Evol plant
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline