US: General Mills launches Fiber One protein bars
Fiber One are available in all major grocery stores
General Mills has launched Fiber one protein bars to tap into on-the-go, high fibre snacks.
The chocolate-coated bars will be available in caramel nut and coconut almond varieties and are being targeted at consumers seeking to "satisfy afternoon snack cravings".
"At the start of the New Year, many Americans make resolutions to eat healthier, but it can be difficult to find smart options in the snack aisle that deliver on both nutrition and flavour,” said Katherine Zonino, associate marketing manager for Fiber One.
The Protein Bars are available at major grocery stores nationwide in boxes of five, at a suggested retail price of US$4.19.
General Mills unveiled plans for a raft of new products last week as it seeks to improve sales across its business, particularly in the Yoplait owner's yoghurt division. There was a major piece of con...
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- WWF launches food security platform
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push