US: General Mills launches Fiber One protein bars
Fiber One are available in all major grocery stores
General Mills has launched Fiber one protein bars to tap into on-the-go, high fibre snacks.
The chocolate-coated bars will be available in caramel nut and coconut almond varieties and are being targeted at consumers seeking to "satisfy afternoon snack cravings".
"At the start of the New Year, many Americans make resolutions to eat healthier, but it can be difficult to find smart options in the snack aisle that deliver on both nutrition and flavour,” said Katherine Zonino, associate marketing manager for Fiber One.
The Protein Bars are available at major grocery stores nationwide in boxes of five, at a suggested retail price of US$4.19.
General Mills unveiled plans for a raft of new products last week as it seeks to improve sales across its business, particularly in the Yoplait owner's yoghurt division. There was a major piece of con...
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- What could be benefit of US approval of GM salmon?
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea
- Unilever sets 2030 carbon positive goal
- PepsiCo to expand Frito-Lay plant in US