US: General Mills launches Fiber One Protein
General Mills eyes growing protein demand
General Mills intends to capitalise on the growing demand for high-protein, high-fibre foods with the launch of Fiber One Protein.
The new line is available in two varieties: maple brown sugar and cranberry almond. When served with milk, each serving contains 10 grams of protein and 20% of the recommended daily amount of fibre.
"We know that many consumers are looking to increase their morning protein intake for a variety of reasons, but they still want the convenience of breakfast cereal," said Jim Wilson, marketing manager, Fiber One.
The product is being launched into grocery stores nationwide, at a suggested retail price of US$4.29, General Mills said.
New Fiber One® Protein Redefines Breakfast with the Powerful Combination of Protein and Fiber in One Delicious Box
Available in Two Flavors, Maple Brown Sugar and Cranberry Almond, Consumers Can Power Their Morning with the Delicious and Wholesome Goodness of Fiber One® Protein
MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Just as New Year's resolutions begin to wane for the majority of Americans,Fiber One® is introducing a new cereal option that will help consumers keep their intentions by incorporating more protein and fiber into their morning routine. Today, Fiber One® is launching the all new Fiber One® Protein, a granola cereal that provides the great taste and fiber you love and expect from Fiber One, with protein. Available in two flavors - Maple Brown Sugar and Cranberry Almond - each serving of Fiber One Protein has 10 grams of protein when served with milk, as well as 20 percent of the daily value of fiber.
"We know that many consumers are looking to increase their morning protein intake for a variety of reasons, but they still want the convenience of breakfast cereal," said Jim Wilson, Marketing Manager, Fiber One. "With the launch of Fiber OneProtein, we're excited to offer a wholesome combination of protein and fiber that provides a smart and satisfying breakfast choice for those looking to increase protein in their diet."
The new offering from Fiber One is a perfect blend of nourishing goodness, available in two flavors: Maple Brown Sugar and Cranberry Almond.
-- Maple Brown Sugar combines the taste of maple brown sugar with delicious
sweetened granola and crunchy pecans.
-- Cranberry Almond is a delightfully tasty mix of crunchy almonds,
sweetened cranberry pieces and sweetened granola.
Fiber One Protein is available at major grocery stores nationwide, at a suggested retail price of $4.29. Visit FiberOne.com for more information about Fiber One Protein and other Fiber One products.
Original source: General Mills
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights