US: General Mills launches Green Giant veg purees
General Mills has launched Green Giant Veggie Blend-Ins
General Mills has introduced a range of Green Giant vegetable purees in the US in a bid to get more Americans to introduce vegetables into their diets.
Green Giant Veggie Blend-Ins are 100% vegetable purees and can be introduced into meals or used for smoothies or in baked goods such as cupcakes or brownies.
The products are only available through Amazon, although General Mills told just-food it intends to roll out the products into mainstream retailers.
The company has teamed up with US author Jessica Seinfeld for the launch. Seinfeld mentions "homemade vegetable purees" in her book Deceptively Delicious.
According to the US Department of Agriculture, vegetables should make up around 30% of each meal. The 2013 Centers for Disease Control State Indicator Report on Fruits and Vegetables showed adults in the US are serving themselves vegetables only 1.6 times per day.
"Studies show there is significant room for improvement in vegetable consumption, and Green Giant Veggie Blend-Ins deliver a solution that is so easy. Just add them to your go-to favorite foods, and feel better about making your foods better. It's truly a habit worth starting," said Polly Madsen, Green Giant Veggie Blend-Ins marketing manager.
A box of nine 4-ounce Veggie Blend-Ins pouches sells for $14.06 on Amazon.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Canadean's "General Mills, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains ...
General Mills focuses on growth by capitalising on current consumer trends in the US packaged food industry, most notably convenience, health and premiumisation. While the company has previously engag...
The Emerging 5 Frozen Food industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020