USA: General Mills rating cut to “underperform” by Salomon
Investment banking giant Salomon Smith Barney yesterday [Thursday] slashed its investment rating on cereals giant General Mill from "outperform" to "underperform". Analyst Jaine I. Mehring is quoted by Reuters as admitting concern about General Mills' ongoing business model: "This ratings change is an extension of thesis we have been building on the company for some time, as captured in most of our research pieces published over the last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production