USA: General Mills reports earnings of 54 cents per share in fiscal 2001 third quarter
General Mills today reported record sales and earnings for its fiscal 2001 third quarter. Diluted earnings per share totaled 54 cents, up 8 percent from the 50 cents per share earned in the same period last year. Earnings before interest and taxes increased 5 percent to $295.8 million. Third quarter interest expense was higher, as anticipated, due to increased debt levels associated with prior-year acquisitions and share repurchases. As a result, earnings after tax grew 3 percent to $157.5 million. Sales for the 13 weeks ended Feb. 25, 2001, grew 5 percent to $1.70 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review