USA: General Mills reports lower Q3 earnings
US food maker General Mills has reported lower net earnings for the third quarter, but said operating profits were higher.
The company reported net earnings of US$230m, or 58 cents per share, for the third quarter to 27 February, compared to $242m, or 60 cents per share, for the year-ago period. Net sales edged up to $2.77bn from $2.70bn a year earlier.
General Mills said its earnings were hit as it recorded a portion of the taxes relating to the recent disposal of its interest in the Snack Ventures Europe (SVE) joint venture.
"We were pleased to see profit growth in all three of our business segments for the third quarter. In total, operating profits rose 6%. We also achieved strong double-digit earnings growth from joint ventures," said chairman and CEO Steve Sanger.
Companies: General Mills
General Mills announced that net sales for the second quarter of the 2006 fiscal year increased by 3% to US$3.27bn net diluted earnings...
Cereal company General Mills has said it expects an increase in net earnings for the second quarter. It is due to announce second quarter results on 22 December....
US food company General Mills has unveiled a 25-foot-tall Jolly Green Giant billboard in New York City's Times Square to officially launch its multi-million dollar marketing campaign for the Green Gia...
Cereal maker General Mills has reported a sharp rise in earnings for the first quarter ended 28 August....
US cereal company General Mills has reported rises in sales and profits for the 2005 financial year, but fourth quarter sales were down....
Activist doctors' group Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has announced that it has filed two major lawsuits to stop a multimillion-dollar advertising campaign claiming that milk facilitat...
General Mills' latest advertising campaign aims to raise children's awareness of the importance of breakfast. However, although the company is hoping to be seen as a champion of children's health, it ...
Breakfast cereal maker Weetabix is in advanced talks to sell two of its American businesses for a total of about $110m, according to the Times newspaper....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review