PHILIPPINES: General Mills switches flour partner
General Mills has switched its production partner for its Gold Medal flour brand in the Philippines.
US food giant General Mills has switched its production partner for its Gold Medal flour brand in the Philippines.
The company has asked San Miguel Mills, a unit of San Miguel Corp., to produce Gold Medal after ending its previous agreement with Liberty Flour Mills.
"We have terminated the licensing agreement so we can build the Gold Medal brand, which already is well-recognised with our consumers," said Tess Panganiban, managing director of General Mills Philippines earlier this week.
General Mills sells Betty Crocker cake mixes, Old El Paso dinner kits and Haagen-Dazs ice cream in the Philippines alongside Gold Medal. The flour brand was the company's first-ever branded product when it was launched in the US 140 years ago.
Private-equity firm PAI Partners, which is in talks to sell its half of Yoplait, has said it wants to find the "right partner" for Sodiaal, the French dairy co-op that plans to keep its stake in the y...
Private-equity group PAI Partners has remained silent on rumours that it is preparing to shortlist bidders for its 50% stake in French dairy group Yoplait....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units