FRANCE/MOROCCO: General Mills takes Yoplait back to Morocco
Yoplait has returned to Morocco
It follows the activation of a franchise awarded to local dairy company, the Société Laitière Centrale du Nord (SLCN), which provides nationwide coverage of the
Owned by investment fund MPEF II, SLCN has its own brand, Saïss Lait.
SLCN's parent company has invested MAD100m (US$12m) in modernising the company's production facilities and its fleet of road vehicles in order to meet
Its plant in Fès now stretches over two hectares and can process up to 100,000 litres of milk daily.
SLCN has set itself the objective of posting a turnover of MAD200m in 2014.
Danone is the dairy market leader in Morocco via its subsidiary, Centrale Laitière, which has a market share of more than 60%.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
General Mills focuses on growth by capitalising on current consumer trends in the US packaged food industry, most notably convenience, health and premiumisation. While the company has previously engag...
"The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in South Korea to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and compa...
"The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in Philippines to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and compa...
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- What could be benefit of US approval of GM salmon?
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea
- Unilever sets 2030 carbon positive goal
- PepsiCo to expand Frito-Lay plant in US