FRANCE/MOROCCO: General Mills takes Yoplait back to Morocco
Yoplait has returned to Morocco
It follows the activation of a franchise awarded to local dairy company, the Société Laitière Centrale du Nord (SLCN), which provides nationwide coverage of the
Owned by investment fund MPEF II, SLCN has its own brand, Saïss Lait.
SLCN's parent company has invested MAD100m (US$12m) in modernising the company's production facilities and its fleet of road vehicles in order to meet
Its plant in Fès now stretches over two hectares and can process up to 100,000 litres of milk daily.
SLCN has set itself the objective of posting a turnover of MAD200m in 2014.
Danone is the dairy market leader in Morocco via its subsidiary, Centrale Laitière, which has a market share of more than 60%.
General Mills has launched a range of yoghurts containing seeds under the Liberté brand in the UK....
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen