USA: General Mills to close Eden Prairie plant
US packaged foods group General Mills has said that it will close its frozen bakery goods plant in Eden Prairie within the next year and consolidate that production into other plants.
The plant employs 323 people, some of whom are likely to be offered transfers to other facilities. The company has said that no employees will be laid off before 1 May.
Production is expected to continue at the Eden Prairie plant, which makes frozen bakery goods for General Mills' bakeries and foodservice division, for at least 10 months, reported AP.
Companies: General Mills
General Mills announced that net sales for the second quarter of the 2006 fiscal year increased by 3% to US$3.27bn net diluted earnings...
Cereal company General Mills has said it expects an increase in net earnings for the second quarter. It is due to announce second quarter results on 22 December....
US food company General Mills has unveiled a 25-foot-tall Jolly Green Giant billboard in New York City's Times Square to officially launch its multi-million dollar marketing campaign for the Green Gia...
Cereal maker General Mills has reported a sharp rise in earnings for the first quarter ended 28 August....
US cereal company General Mills has reported rises in sales and profits for the 2005 financial year, but fourth quarter sales were down....
Activist doctors' group Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has announced that it has filed two major lawsuits to stop a multimillion-dollar advertising campaign claiming that milk facilitat...
General Mills' latest advertising campaign aims to raise children's awareness of the importance of breakfast. However, although the company is hoping to be seen as a champion of children's health, it ...
Breakfast cereal maker Weetabix is in advanced talks to sell two of its American businesses for a total of about $110m, according to the Times newspaper....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review