FRANCE: General Mills to invest in Häagen-Dazs facility
The facility is the only Häagen-Dazs plant in France
General Mills is to invest EUR19m (US$24.8m) in the extension of its Häagen-Dazs ice cream facility in Arras in northern France.
A spokesperson for the US company told just-food today (3 December) a final decision on the investment is expected to be confirmed in the next few weeks, but that it is likely to involve a 3,000 sq ft extension to the existing Pas-de-Calais-based plant.
"The production line will be dedicated to innovation and it will be a very complex production line," the spokesperson said, allowing the firm to launch "more innovative" ice cream products.
The facility is the only Häagen-Dazs plant in France and exports to around 80 countries globally. The spokesperson said the production line will be added in order to provide more capacity.
The investment comes as Häagen-Dazs was last week awarded the label 'Origin France Warranty', in recognition of the quality of ingredients used in the manufacture of its ice cream.
The label allows companies to highlight the origin of their products and for food companies in particular, ensures the product is manufactured in France and that at least 30% of the ingredients are sourced in the country.
General Mills, which has struggled to grow its US yoghurt brands, said yesterday (30 May) it would look to marketing and innovation to revitalise sales in the increasingly promotional category....
The UK and the US enjoyed a public holiday on Monday and the shorter week is a quieter one for results. However, US poultry group Sanderson Farms and South Africa's Tiger Brands will report H1s, while...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020