USA: General Mills updates growth targets to include Pillsbury
General Mills (NYSE:GIS) on Friday (9 November) updated its projections of future financial performance to reflect its acquisition of the worldwide Pillsbury operations from Diageo plc (LSE:DGE.)(NYSE:DEO). This transaction was completed October 31, 2001. In fiscal 2001, which ended May 27, 2001, General Mills earned $2.28 per diluted share excluding unusual items and goodwill amortization. With Pillsbury added, General Mills estimates that its diluted earnings per share excluding unusual items can grow at a 14 percent compound rate from this $2.28 base over the next three years, to a range of $3.40 to $3.50 per share in fiscal 2004. Beyond 2004, the company reaffirmed its goal of delivering 11 to 15 percent compound annual growth in earnings per share through the year 2010. Cash flow from operations is expected to increase from $737 million reported in fiscal 2001 to $1.6 billion in 2004. General Mills also reaffirmed its plans to maintain the prevailing annual dividend rate of $1.10 per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report