CANADA: Genetiporc first to eradicate the RN gene
Once again demonstrating its leadership in the area of meat quality research, Genetiporc has announced at the Banff Pork Seminar (Alberta, Canada) the completion of the RN gene eradication process from all its genetic lines. Genetiporc clearly showed the RN gene has an economic impact of more than 14$ US per carcass under the North American context, due to the reduced quality of fresh (colour, pH, drip loss) and processed meat (reduced yield). The eradication of this gene from Genetiporc pig populations will help producers across the Americas enhance meat quality attributes on their commercial hogs and will be beneficial for the entire pig industry. Genetiporc was also the first company world wide committed to eradication of the Halothane gene within all its genetic lines in the mid 80's. That gene also affects meat quality, producing pale, soft and exudative (PSE) meat. Genetiporc was the first breeding stock company in the world to show the accuracy of the molecular test developed for the Halothane gene (Hal 1843tm) at the University of Toronto in 1991.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report