UK: Genius secures Middle East listings
Genius adds UAE to international markets
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates.
Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinney's stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
Genius said the lines, including sliced white bread, a fruit loaf and muffins, will roll out to 78 stores "over the coming months".
Chief executive Roz Cuschieri said: "The contract with Spinney’s significantly increases our global footprint at a time when we are strengthening our position as the market leader in gluten-free bakery in the UK, while taking advantage of opportunities overseas."
Outside the UK, Genius products are available in Australia, Spain, the Netherlands, the US and Canada.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit – How France's food market will be hit
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights