UK: Genius secures Middle East listings
Genius adds UAE to international markets
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates.
Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinney's stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
Genius said the lines, including sliced white bread, a fruit loaf and muffins, will roll out to 78 stores "over the coming months".
Chief executive Roz Cuschieri said: "The contract with Spinney’s significantly increases our global footprint at a time when we are strengthening our position as the market leader in gluten-free bakery in the UK, while taking advantage of opportunities overseas."
Outside the UK, Genius products are available in Australia, Spain, the Netherlands, the US and Canada.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV
- TreeHouse rationalises production network
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale