UK: Genius secures Middle East listings
Genius adds UAE to international markets
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates.
Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinney's stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
Genius said the lines, including sliced white bread, a fruit loaf and muffins, will roll out to 78 stores "over the coming months".
Chief executive Roz Cuschieri said: "The contract with Spinney’s significantly increases our global footprint at a time when we are strengthening our position as the market leader in gluten-free bakery in the UK, while taking advantage of opportunities overseas."
Outside the UK, Genius products are available in Australia, Spain, the Netherlands, the US and Canada.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Greencore convenience focus delivers growth