UK: Genius secures Middle East listings
Genius adds UAE to international markets
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates.
Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinney's stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
Genius said the lines, including sliced white bread, a fruit loaf and muffins, will roll out to 78 stores "over the coming months".
Chief executive Roz Cuschieri said: "The contract with Spinney’s significantly increases our global footprint at a time when we are strengthening our position as the market leader in gluten-free bakery in the UK, while taking advantage of opportunities overseas."
Outside the UK, Genius products are available in Australia, Spain, the Netherlands, the US and Canada.
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- McCormick to move roles to Poland
- UPDATE: Iglo Foods sold to Nomad for EUR2.6bn
- ABF grocery profits up but pressure on bread