UK: Genius secures Middle East listings
Genius adds UAE to international markets
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates.
Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinney's stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
Genius said the lines, including sliced white bread, a fruit loaf and muffins, will roll out to 78 stores "over the coming months".
Chief executive Roz Cuschieri said: "The contract with Spinney’s significantly increases our global footprint at a time when we are strengthening our position as the market leader in gluten-free bakery in the UK, while taking advantage of opportunities overseas."
Outside the UK, Genius products are available in Australia, Spain, the Netherlands, the US and Canada.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020